I had a couple of egg whites left over from making a sauce, so I decided to get inventive. It worked, and the cherry bakewell pavlova was what came out. Thank Nick from udellgames.com for the name!
Recipe (16 Servings)
Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4 / 350F / 180C (take off 20 if fan assisted).
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add almond extract and flour and stir until a crumbly dough.
- Mold into balls then flatten. Place them onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
While biscuits are baking, Meringue:
- Whisk egg whites until firm.
- Add sugar and whisk thoroughly.
- Once biscuits baked, pipe meringue in two layers around the outside of each biscuit.
- Bake for 15 minutes then leave to cool on cooling rack.
When the biscuits are cool, Topping:
- Mix butter, icing sugar and milk to make butter icing.
- Pipe into meringue.
- Top with half a cherry.
Enjoy your Bakewell Pavlova Biscuit!