The round 2 pattern for Sock Madness over at Ravelry was released on Friday evening, so that’s all I’ve been working on for the last week. It is taking a very long time to knit because it’s quite a small gauge, and there are 80 stitches per round! They’re looking really nice though. I’m using the John Arbon Exmoor Sock that I bought at Unravel, and because it’s slightly thinner than usual 4ply it’s working really well for the small gauge. This is just a peek at what they look like. I’ll show them fully once I’ve finished.
I’ve finished one sock and am half way through the other, and I hope to be finished tomorrow. That may not happen though. Once I’ve entered them into the challenge I will rip back some of the toe and make them slightly shorter, but apart from that they fit well.
I also did something non-knitting related! I made a case for my tablet. It’s pretty simple, and I need to add buttons, but it does the job. Some of the top-stitching isn’t straight because my sewing machine understandably wasn’t too keen on sewing through eight layers of cotton and two layers of fleece! I’m happy with the result though.