I really love mochas. They’re one of my favourite hot drinks. My favourite so far has been from a small shop called Caracoli in Winchester. I’ve bought some of their ground coffee and I’ve been trying to make my own mocha. I’ve had varying levels of success, but have never quite made a mocha I love. Recently though, I’ve managed to get pretty close. So here’s my recipe for a quick and simple mocha.
Ingredients (per person)
- 125ml strong coffee (I use a blend from Caracoli but use whatever you want)
- 125ml milk (I use semi-skimmed, but whole is also good)
- 1tbsp double cream
- 20g dark chocolate
- Warm the milk in a saucepan or microwave until it’s almost boiling
- Add the chocolate and cream to the milk and whisk until melted
- Pour in the coffee and whisk a little more
- Pour into mug, and add sugar if desired
It’s really simple and really yummy. You can replace some of the milk with cream, or add more chocolate if you want, but I find my recipe works best if you’re trying to lower calories without sacrificing too much taste. Enjoy your simple mocha!
Have you made something yummy this week? Do you have a recipe you want to share? Join the link party below. All I ask is you link back to my blog.